Minsk, st. Lopatina 7a/2
Mon-Fri from 8:00 to 21:00
Sat-Sun from 8:00 to 16:00

TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT

Diagnostics

Diagnostics (3d image, X-ray)

To cure a tooth, it is important to make a correct diagnosis. To do this, perform diagnostics. And the main diagnostic tool in dentistry is an X – ray.

How does dental diagnostics work?

It all starts with an inspection. The doctor visually examines the oral cavity and uses hand tools to determine how sensitive the teeth are to physical impact. This is how the dentist finds tooth decay. If there is a suspicion of pulpitis and periodontitis (periodontitis), take a picture of the teeth.

An X-ray of the tooth shows the presence of inflammation, the exact position of the focus, as well as the condition of the dentin and periodontal (periodontal) tissue.

If chronic pulpitis is suspected, electrodontodiagnostics (EDI) is used. This is a method of studying the state of nerve endings using a weak electric current.

Digital diagnostic methods

X-ray of a tooth in Minsk, as in the rest of the world, there are several types.

Radiovisiography (sighting image)

Diagnostics (3d image, X-ray)

One of the most common types of dental imaging. This is a well – aimed shot-small, but high-contrast and informative. By radiovisiography, the dentist understands how the filling is located, what condition the root canals and tissues around them are in.

Due to the reduced radiation load (1.5-3.3 mSv), such a picture of the tooth is safe. To make a bite image (interproximal), use special positioners. Such an X-ray of the tooth shows caries between the teeth, which is difficult to detect during a standard examination. If such hidden caries is not detected and cured in time, it can develop and develop into pulpitis.

Panoramic photo of teeth in Minsk

A panoramic image of the teeth is taken in order to get data on the teeth in both jaws at the same time, to see the condition of the maxillary sinuses and temporomandibular joints. Panoramic image of teeth in Minsk is a universal diagnostic tool. It is used in all areas of dentistry: from orthodontics to surgical dentistry.

A panoramic image of the teeth is accompanied by a low radiation load (10-40 mSv), so it is done even for children and the elderly.

3D image of teeth

A 3D dental image is the most informative way to learn about the condition of your teeth. This is because such an X-ray of the teeth shows everything that is in the oral cavity in three projections at once. The dentist sees the condition of bones and root canals, all displayed in three-dimensional format. The image can be magnified many times, you can make a layer-by-layer scan, determine the position of each element with high accuracy, and even estimate the bone density. It is recommended to do it once a year, sometimes more often.

3D image of teeth in Minsk is prescribed before dental treatment (to detect hidden caries and other problems, assess the quality of filling of dental channels, determine the condition of bone, etc.) prosthetics, orthodontic treatment and implantation. Diagnostics (3d image, X-ray)

How to make and what does a tooth X-ray look like

The dentist sees only the coronal part of the teeth during the examination, and it is 40%. X-rays help you see and evaluate the remaining 60%. It is the dental image that gives the doctor important information and helps to make the correct diagnosis.

The image is taken as follows: the patient enters a special office. They put on a lead apron that protects the body from radiation exposure. After that, the patient approaches the X-ray machine, applies a film card to the desired tooth, and holds his breath for a few seconds so as not to move. At this time, the doctor remotely puts the device into operation. The procedure itself lasts a few minutes. Diagnostics (3d image, X-ray)

Photo of a tooth in Minsk

If you want to take a picture of your teeth, please come to us. The doctor will conduct an initial examination and send you to the X-ray room, where they will take a picture of your teeth. Immediately after that, your dentist will receive the results of the X-ray diagnosis, decipher the image for you, and help you solve the problem with your teeth if it is detected.

Functional diagnostics of teeth

Functional diagnostics analyzes the maxillary system and its functions: masticatory, speech, and others. For diagnostics, doctors use modern devices that determine the state of the temporomandibular joint, the features of closing teeth, and how synchronously the jaw muscles work.