An orthodontist is a specialist who corrects malocclusion and aligns teeth. If you are looking for a good orthodontist in Minsk, please come to our center. We have excellent orthodontists who will advise you, refer you for examination, prescribe and conduct orthodontic treatment. And at the end of it, you will have a beautiful smile, even teeth and good chewing.
We don't just correct aesthetic defects, we solve issues of incorrect posture, breathing disorders, sleep disorders and other problems of the body as a whole that are caused by malocclusion.
Orthodontics occupies an important place in dentistry. For example, orthodontic treatment is performed before implantation and prosthetics, and it is also indicated for anyone with an incorrect bite.
We treat children with temporary overbite (when all teeth are milk) and mixed overbite (when some teeth are already permanent) with:
- removable plates,
- fixed expanders,
- double-jawed removable devices,
- devices in the form of boxing mouthguards.
The difference between correcting the bite of a child and an adult is that the child's jaws continue to grow, and our children's orthodontist skillfully directs them in the right direction. It creates such conditions that in the future there will be enough space for all teeth, they will stand straight and without cracks.
And in adults, the jaw no longer grows. And for the sake of correcting the bite, sometimes you have to make sacrifices: for example, remove a tooth so that the rest become even.
Methods of treatment in orthodontics
An orthodontist doesn't just glue braces. Our orthodontists have many effective bite correction methods in their arsenal, and braces are just one of them.
Removable plates for children, braces, mouthguards (aligners) – all these devices are used in orthodontics to move, rotate and tilt teeth. Correction of the bite with braces and other mechanical devices is possible if there is enough space in the dentition to move the teeth. And when it is not enough, the orthodontist resorts to the second method.
When there is not enough room for the teeth to stand up properly, the orthodontist removes certain teeth. Most often, wisdom teeth are removed to correct the bite, and in some cases premolars are sacrificed.
Orthodontics and prosthetics go side by side in dentistry. When a child has a tooth removed, it is important to quickly fill in the empty space. This is necessary to restore chewing function and prevent the teeth from shifting. Crowns, braces, and temporary dentures are used for this purpose. In adults, during the correction of the bite with braces, it is also necessary to restore teeth with temporary crowns.
How bite correction works: stages
- Consultation and diagnostics. The orthodontist conducts an examination, interviews the patient. Makes a CT scan (3D) or panoramic image of the teeth and a telerentgenogram-a side view of the head. If necessary, it takes pictures of individual teeth that require attention. Takes full-face, profile and smile photos separately. Takes photos of the oral cavity and performs tests to analyze the functions of chewing, swallowing, breathing and pronunciation of sounds.
- Planning. The orthodontist makes a model of the jaw system, calculates all the changes to the smallest detail, so that the final result is exactly the same as planned. In our center, we use the Insignia technology-an accurate computer simulation of the final result. At the planning stage, the doctor decides whether to remove teeth, replace fillings, and treat dental canals. Also, the doctor and patient choose the bite correction tool: a bracket system, the number of mouthguards, the need for additional equipment. Our orthodontists also work with the progressive Damon system, as well as with "invisible" braces and aligners.
- Installation of equipment. Before correcting the bite with braces or mouthguards, professional oral hygiene is performed to remove plaque and tartar. The installation of braces itself is absolutely painless, it takes one and a half to two hours. The orthodontist sticks a bracket to each tooth, and then sets an arc in them. Provides recommendations for dental care.
- Correction. Every 4-8 weeks, the patient is examined. The orthodontist replaces the arch, activates elastic force elements and metal ligatures.
- Removing braces. Orthodontic treatment takes 1-2 years. When the teeth are aligned, the orthodontist removes the braces and polishes the surface of the teeth.
- Retention. The specialist installs a retention plate on the inside of the dentition to fix the result: aligned teeth.
Our orthodontists are engaged in bite correction in adults and children. Thanks to extensive experience, knowledge of modern techniques, the possibility of computer modeling and a wide range of methods of orthodontic treatment, our specialists achieve excellent results. Our patients like to smile after correcting their bite, because it suits them.
Yulia Denisova, an orthodontist of the highest qualification category, tells about malocclusion and features of orthodontic treatment in the program "Our Morning". ⠀
Enjoy watching it!⠀