Varicose veins treatmentimg class="img-right" src="/images/service/hirurg-pages/flebolog/lechenie-varikoza-01.jpg" alt="Varicose veins treatment">
Varicose veins is a disease that does not forgive ignoring the problem. It is important to see a specialist on time, in the early stages of the disease. If left unattended, varicose veins will develop to multiple complications. Here are the signs and symptoms that indicate foot problems.
External signs of varicose veins:
- dilated intradermal veins (spider veins, reticular veins),
- swelling of the legs
- changes in the color and structure of the skin (darkening of the skin, seals in the direction of the veins).
- heaviness in the legs, calves,
- pain in the calf muscles (aching, not intense, without a specific focus),
- non-intense pain in the area of varicose veins,
- rapid fatigue of the legs,
- possible increased pain in the calves when walking,
- itching, burning, tingling,
- night cramps
- restless legs syndrome.
If you feel some of the symptoms from the list, contact our clinic "Doctor Profi", make an appointment with a phlebologist. The specialist will conduct an examination, do an ultrasound of the venous system. Based on the results of the diagnosis, he will make an accurate diagnosis and select the optimal treatment.
Why do a vein ultrasound
In our center "Doctor Profi", to clarify the diagnosis, the phlebologist must prescribe an ultrasound of the blood vessels. This is necessary in order to make an accurate diagnosis and develop an optimal treatment plan.
What is good about ultrasound diagnostics:
- non-invasiveness (to find out the state of blood vessels, you do not need to
- make incisions in the skin),
- no radiation exposure,
Ultrasound allows you to assess the condition of the walls of blood vessels, the valve apparatus and perforating veins, the nature and velocity of blood flow, vascular patency, the presence of collateral blood flow.
Only after an ultrasound scan, when the state of the venous bed is known, the doctor makes a diagnosis and prescribes treatment.
Treatment methods for varicose veins
Previously, vein diseases were treated for years, complex surgical operations with long-term rehabilitation were performed. Today, you can quickly defeat varicose veins. All thanks to the development of medicine: the emergence of minimally invasive effective procedures that do not require hospitalization and are performed without incisions. In our medical center "Doctor Profi" phlebologists use the latest treatment methods, thanks to which patients walk on their feet immediately after the vein removal operation. These minimally invasive interventions include:
- mechanochemical obliteration (phlebogryph). Combined action on a vein, as a result of which the lumen of the vein sticks together. The vein remains under the skin, but no longer fulfills its function. Blood no longer flows through this vein, but through the collateral vessel, without disturbing the outflow of venous blood from the leg. The operation is performed under constant ultrasound control;
- endovenous laser coagulation (EVLK). A thin laser light-emitting diode is inserted into the vein lumen. He cauterizes the walls of the vein; radiofrequency ablation. The lumen of the vein is closed due to the action of high frequency radio waves on the vascular wall;
- sclerotherapy. A special drug is injected into the lumen of the vessel, which causes sticking of its walls and further - resorption;
- miniflebectomy. It is used to remove short sections of a vein. No incisions are made - the vein is removed through a thin puncture in the skin.
These techniques are actively gaining popularity due to the fact that they are not inferior in efficiency to traditional surgery, and at the same time do not require long-term rehabilitation.
In cases where minimally invasive interventions are impossible, our doctors also resort to traditional operations. This is phlebectomy - an open vein removal. The doctor inserts a probe into the lumen of the vein and pulls the vein all the way out through the incision in the skin.
Phlebectomy can be used when:
- large diameter of veins,
- acute thrombophlebitis,
- relapse of varicose veins,
- patients refuse to use other types of interventions.
What does the preoperative examination include?
Before a planned vein surgery, you need to go through:
- clinical and biochemical blood tests,
- general urine analysis,
- determine the blood group and Rh factor,
- coagulogram - an assessment of the blood coagulation ability,
- tests for RW (syphilis), HBs (hepatitis B), HCV (hepatitis C), HIV,
- examination by a therapist,
- fluorography or chest x-ray,
- examination by a gynecologist (for women).
Also, additional studies are carried out depending on the characteristics of the disease (ultrasound of the heart, ultrasound of the mammary glands, ultrasound of the abdominal cavity, kidneys, prostate gland, small pelvis, CT, MRI, FGLS, FKS, FBS).
An obligatory item of preoperative examination is ultrasound of the veins This is necessary to exclude pathology.
The results of the examinations will make it possible to prescribe preventive measures in the correct amount to prevent the development of blood clots and thromboembolism.
Preparing for surgery
Here are general guidelines for vein surgery:
- shave your leg in the morning before surgery,
- you can take a light breakfast 2 hours before the operation, if necessary, take medications (if you are taking),
- wear loose trousers (you can sports) or a long skirt. After the operation, a compression jersey is put on the leg, and it will be problematic to pull tight-
- fitting trousers on it.
Come to the clinic 20-30 minutes before the start of the operation. Take your passport, your test results, compression hosiery (compression class II stockings) with you. Online booking
Photos before and after treatment
Below are examples of work on the treatment of varicose veins by doctors of the clinic "Doctor PROFI".