Beautiful breasts are the dream of any woman, which is why a large number of women turn to surgeons today to correct their shape or size. Mammoplasty is a surgical procedure that allows you to change the shape and size of the breast, the contour and shape of the nipples. There are the following types: augmentation of the mammary glands - a breast augmentation operation using implants, their shape and type are chosen by a plastic surgeon. reduction mammoplasty - a procedure to reduce the size of the mammary glands, after which lactation functions are preserved;
- lipofilling - an operation to increase the volume of the breast, but with the
- introduction of refined fat taken from other parts of the body;
- mastopexy - breast lift, correction of its shape;
- endoscopic plastic - the installation of implants using an endoscope, which
- reduces the duration of the recovery period;
- correction of nipples and areolas - changing the diameter of the areolas, the type of nipples.
What are breast implants?
The successful outcome of plastic surgery depends on the type of implant chosen. The most important thing here is not only their size, but also their shape. Distinguish between anatomical (teardrop) and round shapes. Teardrop implants are similar to natural mammary glands, where the filling of the lower part is greater than that of the upper one. They allow you to achieve more correct proportions of the breast, but a slight displacement of the prosthesis leads to deformation of the breast. Round in shape are similar to a hemisphere, they decrease proportionally from the center to the edge. The upper part of the bust is increased to a greater extent, the rotation of the implant will not affect the proportionality of the breast.
Regardless of the type, breast augmentation surgery is serious and quite lengthy, it is performed under general anesthesia, therefore it has many contraindications, the main of which are:
- the course of acute infectious diseases until complete recovery (ARVI, tonsillitis, intestinal infections);
- oncological diseases (with the exception of correction for breast cancer);
- problems with blood clotting;
- age is less than 18 years;
- pregnancy, breastfeeding;
- skin lesions in the area of the proposed operation; mental illness.
Preparing for surgery
Before mammoplasty, a woman is recommended to undergo a thorough examination, having received the conclusions of narrow specialists about the presence or absence of contraindications. You need to pass the following tests:
- general, biochemical blood test;
- blood for HIV, hepatitis, syphilis, clotting;
- general urine analysis.
It is also necessary to do an ECG, fluorography, ultrasound examination of the mammary glands.
Exclude drugs that affect blood clotting 14 days before breast surgery. Stop smoking, drinking alcohol a week before the procedure, and do not drink or eat for 12 hours.
How is breast augmentation surgery
Plastic surgery begins with marking with a special pencil, then the patient is examined by an anesthesiologist and is determined with the rate of injected anesthesia. After the introduction of anesthesia, the surgeon, using an incision, provides access to the site of implantation. The incision can be of several types:
- in the fold under the breast (the most versatile, allows you to insert an implant of any shape, does not interfere with subsequent breastfeeding);
- around the areola (least noticeable, but there is a risk of damage to the nerve endings);
- in the armpit area (used to install only round implants).
The installation of endoprostheses can also be carried out in several ways: under the glandular tissue, fascia, pectoral muscle, or in combination. The most preferred option for breast augmentation is placement under the glandular tissue, as it is characterized by a faster recovery period. Then the patient wakes up after anesthesia, if necessary, takes painkillers.
In the first days after mammoplasty, a woman may experience painful sensations in the area of the stitches, for the relief of which analgesics and anti-inflammatory drugs are prescribed. For the first 5-7 days, you need to carry out daily treatment of the seams with an antiseptic solution, change the dressing, avoid physical exertion, do not raise your hands up, sleep only on your back. An important and necessary condition for the rehabilitation of the mammary glands is the wearing of compression underwear. The first 2 months are worn constantly, and then another 10 months with physical activity and sports. In the first 2 months after the procedure, visiting the pool, swimming in the open water, and physical activity are also prohibited. Online booking