Treating snoring and sleep disorders
Sleep apnea is a condition in which breathing temporarily stops during sleep
According to WHO statistics, a quarter of the world's population snores and half of them have the so-called obstructive sleep apnea syndrome. In half of the cases, snoring causes sudden cardiac arrest during sleep. Every fifth accident involving a truck driver is due to the fact that he fell asleep at the wheel!
According to experts, it is the problems with oxygen saturation of the brain, which is noted in snoring people, that lead to the development of dementia at an early age.
Constant and intense snoring is more often a symptom of obstructive sleep apnea and necessarily requires a sleep examination to exclude nocturnal apnea
Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome (OSA) is characterized by:
- the presence of loud snoring (at least in 90-95% of cases), periodic narrowing of the VDP at the pharyngeal level and the cessation of
- pulmonary ventilation with continued respiratory efforts, a
- decrease in the level of oxygen in the blood,
- rough fragmentation of sleep,
- excessive daytime drowsiness
For the diagnosis of sleep disorders in "Doctor PRO" we use a special device SOMNOcheck micro cardio. The device is used both in the hospital and at the patient's home. Read more about SOMNOcheck here.about SOMNOcheck here.
The main methods of treatment for respiratory disorders in the clinic "Doctor PROFI"
- conservative or surgical therapy by ENT doctors (removal of tonsils, adenoids, correction of the nasal septum, operations on the soft palate, palatine tongue) eliminates snoring, but often does not affect OSA
- therapy by somnologists using devices of constant positive air pressure – CPAP therapy, but it is better in combination with intraoral devices
- therapy performed by orthodontists, orthopedists and maxillofacial surgeons (orthodontic and intraoral devices, rational prosthetics, operations on the HF or LF).
Intraoral devices for the treatment of snoring are dental devices that keep the tongue and bass in a forward position, which allows you to eliminate the manifestations of respiratory disorders, snoring and very often bruxism during sleep.
The center employs doctors with extensive experience in the treatment of sleep disorders, who have received certificates in somnology.
In a series of videos, the doctor-otorhinolaryngologist of the highest qualification category Mishtovt Vadim Arnoldovich tells what is dangerous about snoring and how it is treated in the medical center "Doctor PROFI". Online booking
What is the danger of snoring and how is it treated?
In a series of videos, the doctor-otorhinolaryngologist of the highest qualification category Mishtovt Vadim Arnoldovich tells what is dangerous about snoring and how it is treated in the medical center "Doctor PROFI".